Best Time To Visit Tanzania For Safari
When is the best time to visit Tanzania? This question of when is the best time to visit Tanzania is a question that we are often asked and, in a nutshell, every season has its highs and lows.
A huge country with much regional variation in geography and climate plus two distinct rainy seasons, the question of when to go to Tanzania depends on what it is that you want to experience.
The best wildlife viewing months in Tanzania are during the Dry season from late June to October. The best chance of seeing the wildebeest migration in the Serengeti is during June and July and the time to see the wildebeest calving is late January to February. The southern and western circuit parks are best visited during the Dry season (June to October), unlike the more popular northern circuit parks that can be visited year-round. Tarangire is the only exception since its wildlife viewing is considerably better in the Dry season as well.
- Best time to go:June to October (All parks), June-July and January-February (Serengeti for the wildebeest migration & calving)
- High Season:July to March (northern circuit parks; they get crowded), July to October (southern and western circuit parks; they don't really get crowded any time of the year)
- Low Season:April and May (northern circuit parks still get quite a few visitors unlike the southern and western circuit parks, where many lodges close down)
- Best Weather:June to October (Little to no rainfall)
- Wet Weather:March and April (Peak of Wet season)